Favorite Video Games

MooseHorns237

26 January 2024
Northwest U.S.A
How doesn't this thread exist yet?

I know a lot of us are gamers, and I still play every once in a while if it's with friends, but this computer is so slow its not worth the bother to me anymore. So, I'm kind of retired from gaming, but my favorite games are (in no particular order): Half-life (2), Outlast (2), The Long Dark, Call Of Duty, Terraria.

Minecraft will always have a place in my heart.

Also, does anyone else play The Long Dark? Amazing game.

Anyway, what's your guys favorite games?

My old school favourites are Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Gauntlet 4 and Road Rash, all for the classic Mega Drive, among others.

Minecraft is always fun just to relax with.

The Total War games have been big time sinks for me, particularly the first two Warhammer ones.

My favourite game of all time is Yoshi's Island on the SNES. So fun and I have so many memories tied to it. Like, as a young kid, playing the final boss in my bedroom while my brother, sister and the kid of my mums friend watched. When Bowser charged at the screen and got really close, they all started screaming in excitement.

My favourite game of all time is Yoshi's Island on the SNES. So fun and I have so many memories tied to it. Like, as a young kid, playing the final boss in my bedroom while my brother, sister and the kid of my mums friend watched. When Bowser charged at the screen and got really close, they all started screaming in excitement.
Sounds like that game was a huge part of your childhood made tons of memories.

Hmmh~ I'd have to go with:
  • TimeSplitters 2 (though I love the whole series)
  • Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
  • Kirby's Air Ride
  • Conker's Bad Furr Day

And Dark Souls, so much Dark Souls! I love that game so much <3 the third one was good too, but the first one just came at the right time into my life.

Here’s a few off the top of my head:
  • Final Fantasy 6
  • Zelda WindWaker
  • Okami
  • Ghost Trick
  • A Way Out
My most favourite was probably Black Desert Online though, and I can’t play it anymore since I get way too addicted. If I didn’t have to work, I’d absolutely hop on it again lol

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
I'm old so I get to list more.

The original Legend of Zelda
Mega Man 2

And on the PC:
Doom (the original)
Dune 2000
Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge
Wing Commander (1, 3, and 4)
X-Wing
Jedi Academy
Battlefront II
Ducktales Remastered
Vermintide II

Last edited:
I'm old so I get to list more.

The original Legend of Zelda

And on the PC:
Doom (the original)
Dune 2000
Secret of Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge
Wing Commander (1, 3, and 4)
X-Wing
Jedi Academy
Battlefront II
Ducktales Remastered
Vermintide II
Jedi Academy! That's a game I need to play again, still one of my favourites!

Reactions: Marius Merganser
I've recently been playing some old-school styled, and very obscure, RPGs that I've realised are some of my favourite for it's sheer substance over style. They're from a developer called Spiderweb Software and have been going for a while. My favourite has to be the Avernum games, just classic western roleplaying goodness with grid-based combat and the world is fairly open too.

962f1481f95984d4ae4fe49e58278b87a56401f56dc304b4d903f7a5f5104aba.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Wuff-Wuff and Jazz
Oh I just remembered one: Yume Nikki
A weird RPG maker exploration game in which you explore the dreams of a hikikomori girl. At the time thag I found it I was totally overwhelmed by its seemingly endless worlds of strange psychological horror.

Also not sure if they count as a game, but Ace Attorney and Katawa Shoujo!

(Man, come on, FurryPile, quit being slow right now. These images are taking ages to load!)

So this is an interesting one to add to this thread, in that it's one of my favorite games, not because it's good, but because it's BAD. It's so bad it's good, you know? Mainly referring to the infamously horrible, cheesy cutscenes, really. Oh man, this game, if you haven't seen the cutscenes, go watch them on YouTube or something, they're fucking HILARIOUS. Hilarious because of how badly written they are, and how bad the voice acting is. Just...everything, man. From a gameplay standpoint, just another Mortal Kombat game, BuT iN 3D! With polygons and low resolution textures! And a mediocre character roster. This is actually probably the worst version of the game, the Nintendo 64 version, because it uses character models with less polygons than other ports, and in general the game is made for a system with not nearly as much memory as a PS1, so even the cutscenes look particularly bad. But, given how awful this game is overall, that's precisely why I want the worst version, because every bit of terribleness it can muster makes it better! It does at least have some things going for it, though, namely being the closest console release to the original arcade version (even if the arcade version wasn't great), and it does play at a fairly high framerate, and doesn't suffer the load times of the PS1 version.

So some of you may know, I'm currently piecing together a Nintendo 64, I have a bunch of different components I have coming in as I'll be assembling one, a console I never actually had at all up until now (I guess I don't own one in person yet, mine is in limbo across various trucks and depots across the country currently). Today I just got the first cartridge for the system I don't yet have - Mortal Kombat 4! A game I've always been curious about and have laughed at over the internet for countless years and made fun of. It's actually the game that made me decide to get a Nintendo 64 to begin with. It has finally arrived, but mine was in really gross shape - much worse than the picture online I originally saw. Granted, it's used (a Mortal Kombat game from the 90s, USED?? No...I'd actually be strongly skeptical of any game labeled as "new" as being fake or a reproduction...), but mine could have still certainly used some touching up, even by the big name seller that shall not be named. It's got deep scratches in the plastic, it's got tiny dent marks all over it from I don't know what, it was slightly black in places all over, it had brown...crusty...stuff on the bottom, and the contacts were really dusty and grungy. I did not take the cartridge apart to clean the inside, not having the special screwdriver, but I'm sure it's just as nasty inside. Oh well. But, with some alcohol, q-tips, and a magic eraser, I took to getting it cleaned up as best I could, and seriously, it actually cleaned up better than I thought it was going to! Pretty much everything came right off, to my surprise. Still has marks all over the plastic, but that's obviously not coming off. Now it's just an old, worn cartridge that just has random marks and general wear that shows its age. It's nothing collector grade, and I don't need it to be. I just need it to work (and I actually don't have a way to test that it DOES for the time being, but I'm semi confident it "should" work). It's at least clean now and actually looking far better than it was. I actually didn't take pictures before, and I probably should have, but as you can see, it really looks clean now. I would say "like new", were it not for the general wear and tear physically to the casing and labels. But for a used cartridge, it looks great as far as I'm concerned. I may not have taken pictures of what it initially looked like, but take a look at the q-tips, the magic eraser, and the sink! That's all nasty shit that was either on the casing or all over the contacts! Even after a couple passes with q-tips, I was still getting the faintest traces of dirt or something on the contacts. The sink tells the whole story, too. Besides what's on the q-tips and the magic eraser, there's still MORE in the sink. Bah!

Attachments

• 1F185FDC-A901-4C75-A2A0-D004A642621D.jpeg
    1F185FDC-A901-4C75-A2A0-D004A642621D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 136CBBC7-1BFB-4882-B652-7E0509044BA6.jpeg
    136CBBC7-1BFB-4882-B652-7E0509044BA6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 74A26667-33B8-482E-96CC-E88A180577AD.jpeg
    74A26667-33B8-482E-96CC-E88A180577AD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 534C10B5-0F71-4DC3-8660-1C4BFF356CFC.jpeg
    534C10B5-0F71-4DC3-8660-1C4BFF356CFC.jpeg