Fun Facts About Your Country

Yeah, I think it's fair to make it more state based for our US-Furrpals :3 I think that's where the more detailed uniqueness takes place too :D Those cornish pasties do sound delicious Simo!

One thing I recall, that I felt was odd when I visited California, was ice tea. Here we get it super sweetened and I thought in America it's probably DOUBLE the sugar! But no, unsweetened, just cooled tea.

Also Cheese cakes <3

I still hear the US joke about Wyoming not existing somewhat often on the Internet, and I find it so similar to the Brazilian meme about the state of Acre not existing.

1712574000606.png

It was the last piece to become part of our current territory as it was acquired from Bolivia via treaty at around the 1900s. I remember being puzzled over Geography maps with that missing bit, as a kid, but I am not sure whether that’s the origin of the controversy… rather, I find that we rarely ever see Acre in the news.

People would then start to say that dinosaurs live there. To which, in 2020, the Acre Department of Tourism promoted an online poll on Instagram to decide whether they should build a Dino sculpture at the main state border entrance. 68% of people voted YES.

IMG_0458.jpeg

So far, no dinos were built there. I think…

Last edited:
So far, no dinos were built there. I think…
The audacity! Or is it Sauracity? Anyway, they should totally get on that!
Here's a thing I made a while back:

View attachment 8998
Oooh more Finland facts :D! Man, Hill of Forty Squirrel Furs sounds like the optimal place for a convention!
But I must be honest, I cannot decide which name's the best xD Bludgeon Country, Maternal Uncle and Rule by Brushes have a ring to them!

• Haha
Reactions: Guifrog
Reactions: Guifrog and Joni
XD I love how france was just like: "non >:U"
Thats such a cool map Guifrog :D!
There was another map, prior to this one, and as I invoke the power of the Internet archive, I can show you that Europe looked like this in it:

OldFurMap.jpg

I seem to recall that Eurofurence, one of the largest European furry conventions, is held in Germany?

• Love
Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
I seem to recall that Eurofurence, one of the largest European furry conventions, is held in Germany?
Germany also holds one of the world's biggest Metal festivals: Wacken Open Air

csm_das-gelaende-luftbild_2a4ed05be8.jpg

Been there 2018 and 2019. It's fucking awesome!

Germany also holds one of the world's biggest Metal festivals: Wacken Open Air

csm_das-gelaende-luftbild_2a4ed05be8.jpg

Been there 2018 and 2019. It's fucking awesome!
That’s an entire village for metal lovers, or what? :0

I could probably say one thing or two about Rock In Rio… but I wonder how much of it constitutes Rock, or even Rio, nowadays.

As has been mentioned beforehand, the US is so large that it makes sense to tell acts about ones state, so here we go:

Wyoming does exist! <The entire furry community gasps at the realization that Moose lives in Wyoming>

We produce 3/4ths of the USA's coal, we are the least populated state (my county has 5'000 people), we have the lowest population density, we have extremely chill gun laws, I live near the first national monument of our nation and across the state is Yellowstone, the largest volcano on earth (if it goes off the entire earth will have ash fall on it, the sun will be blocked out for potentially years, causing another ice age. We would have about 2 feet of ashes here)

The weather will go from 100 F (38 C) for a week in summer, to -40 during winter fronts. We'll have a winter with only a couple inches of snow, and then the next one will come with a crazy blizzard and you'll be stuck for months up on the ranch. One minute sunny, the next it's raining and then you wake up to snow. Wild weather up here, but you know, pretty much everyone says that about there area, but this place is really quite unpredictable.

On the subject of food, the only Wyoming specialty is steak. There are one and a half cows to every person here, so pretty much everyone eats beef. A lot of beef, everywhere, in everything.

<Sigh> If only I wasn't so morally superior to all of them by being a vegetarian. (Lol, I love this joke)

• Love
Another odd fact about Switzerland and Germany is that they have a very British new years tradition that the most people in Britain actually don't know of!
A comedy sketch called "Dinner for One"
18902645_605.jpg

The basic premise is that 90 year old Miss Sophie is having a birthday get together with her closest friends, a tradition she does every year, the only thing is: she outlived them all!
Thus, her Butler James has to fill in every role, causing him to get incredibly drunk due to having to cheers for every one of her friends.

A very visual comedy, the joys of which are within James' gradual decline into drunkeness. I guess that leaves us with only one question:
"Same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"
"Same procedure as every year, James!"

As has been mentioned beforehand, the US is so large that it makes sense to tell acts about ones state, so here we go:

Wyoming does exist! <The entire furry community gasps at the realization that Moose lives in Wyoming>

We produce 3/4ths of the USA's coal, we are the least populated state (my county has 5'000 people), we have the lowest population density, we have extremely chill gun laws, I live near the first national monument of our nation and across the state is Yellowstone, the largest volcano on earth (if it goes off the entire earth will have ash fall on it, the sun will be blocked out for potentially years, causing another ice age. We would have about 2 feet of ashes here)

The weather will go from 100 F (38 C) for a week in summer, to -40 during winter fronts. We'll have a winter with only a couple inches of snow, and then the next one will come with a crazy blizzard and you'll be stuck for months up on the ranch. One minute sunny, the next it's raining and then you wake up to snow. Wild weather up here, but you know, pretty much everyone says that about there area, but this place is really quite unpredictable.

On the subject of food, the only Wyoming specialty is steak. There are one and a half cows to every person here, so pretty much everyone eats beef. A lot of beef, everywhere, in everything.

<Sigh> If only I wasn't so morally superior to all of them by being a vegetarian. (Lol, I love this joke)
cries in tears of moral superiority with you

Its tough being so superior Moose :'(

But man that sounds like such a unique place to live :D really felt like I was in a western movie reading your description!

• Love
Reactions: MooseHorns237
Another odd fact about Switzerland and Germany is that they have a very British new years tradition that the most people in Britain actually don't know of!
A comedy sketch called "Dinner for One"
View attachment 9056

The basic premise is that 90 year old Miss Sophie is having a birthday get together with her closest friends, a tradition she does every year, the only thing is: she outlived them all!
Thus, her Butler James has to fill in every role, causing him to get incredibly drunk due to having to cheers for every one of her friends.

A very visual comedy, the joys of which are within James' gradual decline into drunkeness. I guess that leaves us with only one question:
"Same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"
"Same procedure as every year, James!"
Oh yes, that's on my TV screen every year on new year's eve :D

For those that are curious:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://youtu.be/To8g9XxAdXs

The intro is in German, explaining what's happening, but the actual sketch is in English

• Love
Most of these are more about my hometown, specifically, which I love and miss so much. So, forgive me if I ramble.

Scotland has the highest quality water in the UK.

Grand Theft Auto was created in Dundee, Scotland and is developed in Edinburgh, today. There are lots of Scottish reference in the games, especially Dundee in the older ones.

Lemmings also originates from Dundee, Scotland. There's even a Lemmings statue in Dundee.

At one point, the Tay Bridge which links Dundee to Newport-On-Tay was the longest bridge in the world. There are plenty of bigger bridges around the world now.

The Tay Railbridge collapsed on Sunday the 28th of December in 1879 during a storm one night. Every kid in Dundee learns about it in school at a young age and, as a result, is terrified the next time they take a train across the new railbridge.

The lightbulb was invented and demonstrated in Dundee by James Bowman Lindsay of the Watt Institute, like, 40 years before Edison was even born.

The adhesive postage stamp was also invented in Dundee by James Chalmers.

Haggis burger on a bun/roll with a touch of ketchup is delicious.

Scotland is the only country in the world that doesn't have Coke Cola as the number 1 soft drink. In Scotland, Irn Bru is the number 1 soft drink and it has been for a very long time.

In Scotland, I got paid £300+ a month to attend college for free for 3 years. That was years ago so I would hope they bumped that up a bit by now.

My medical, dental, psychological and gender transition related care is all completely free, including prescriptions for medication. I think England has to pay for medication, at least. 🤔

I could go on but I think I've gone on far too much already. x

Scotland is wonderful Lucy :D thanks for the facts! I didn't know most of them! My ancestors came from Aberdeen :3 so I've been up north a few times. Always loved the landscape of Scotland and compared to the more upbeat folk music of England, your folk music is so big and gentle, airy (maybe there's better words for it, but I couldn't find them)

Reactions: Lucy Toebeans

Users who are viewing this thread