Shower Thoughts

Never gave a second thought to that, but the official "long" name of my country is Rzeczpospolita Polska, with the acronym being RP. So, I officially actually live in RP!

Even funnier, in the same vein my current job has to do with OC.

Never gave a second thought to that, but the official "long" name of my country is Rzeczpospolita Polska, with the acronym being RP.
The country 'Wales' actually translates as 'Foreigners'. That's why they're trying to change its official name to the Welsh name for Wales, which is 'Cymru'. But Welsh is a tricky language, so that's actually pronounced 'Cum-ree'

Being married to Rupert Murdoch must be like playing high stakes musical chairs. Everybody wants to be the one in the hot seat when the music stops, but it’s better not to stay too still in the meantime.

The most important part of a vacation is the memories and experiences, as well as possibly a few memento's to trigger the first two.

So why is it that some people will save thousands for a vacation to somewhere like a special resort for example, and then proceed to drink as much as humanly possible so that they are (a) unable to remember the vast majority of their vacation and (b) too hungover or achy to properly enjoy themselves even in the moments between drinking? All they'd end up with are stories from OTHER people of how good a time they had!

For a cheaper experience, these people should just drink one drink for flavour recall, then immediately have a doctor punch them in the head then heavily sedate them for a day or two and have a novelist write up an adventure for them to "remember" with a few random photoshopped pictures when they wake up delirious and confused while recovering from the sedative illness. It'd be the same thing!!

Last edited:
Internet shopping websites have developed the most amazing algorithm for customising advertising. Through this, they can deftly avoid showing you any of the things you might actually be interested in buying, while repeatedly emailing you information on:
  1. All the things you already bought and won't ever need to buy again
  2. Subscription services for things that you have no interest in whatsoever
  3. Doorbell cameras, so you can impotently watch all the things that you do buy get pilfered by porch pirates
  4. That one weirdly-shaped sex toy you clicked on purely because you couldn't tell what it was from the picture

Why is "fuck you" and "blow me" considered an insult?

Fucking people is the primary drive for most of humanity (obvious exceptions)
Most people who have penises love getting them "blown".
If the person is attractive it's literally what you would be wanting to do or hoping they do to you.

SO isn't it the same as screaming "I want your sex!".....as an INSULT?
At that point, aren't you logically insulting YOURSELF, by implying that the other person has FAR better standards than to want to fuck or blow you?

How odd that the most intensely pleasurable drive we have became the planetary go-to for degradation and telling someone you hate them. <shrug>

Why is "fuck you" and "blow me" considered an insult?

Fucking people is the primary drive for most of humanity (obvious exceptions)
Most people who have penises love getting them "blown".
If the person is attractive it's literally what you would be wanting to do or hoping they do to you.

SO isn't it the same as screaming "I want your sex!".....as an INSULT?
At that point, aren't you logically insulting YOURSELF, by implying that the other person has FAR better standards than to want to fuck or blow you?

How odd that the most intensely pleasurable drive we have became the planetary go-to for degradation and telling someone you hate them. <shrug>
Kind of the same as being called the three letter (or six letter) F word, or using the word ironically ourselves, when we are gay. I have a strange habit of using this word, as well as a certain N word (despite not being racist, and literally having zero problem with black people), when enraged and just mouthing off shit at a game when I'm frustrated. It's less about what the insult technically means, and more about just reaching for anything insulting in the heat of the moment. There's a lot of oddities and inconsistencies in this world when we stop to think about them. Humanity is a confusing headache.

@Mambi & @Katara the Sergal - actually I can answer this one. It's about dominance.

When somebody says 'Fuck you', they are declaring that they have the ability to copulate with you, whether you like it or not. This has been considered a display of dominance and an insult for a very, very long time. If we look at the Code of Hamurrabi, one of the oldest legal codes in the universe, we find a rule that says men can't have sex with other men. Or at least that's what it seems to say on the face, but when you investigate further, you find that the law applies only to the penetrative partner. The punishment for fucking another man under the same code is that your victim then gets to fuck you right back! This suggests that the prohibition wasn't with homosexuality at all, but with rape as an act of dominance.

It's also a factor we see in nature. With many species of animals, only one male - the dominant one - gets to have sex with the females.

Finally, compare 'Fuck You' with 'Fuck Me', a cry of surprise or astonishment. This is kind of the opposite, like saying 'I'm so shocked right now that somebody could sneak up and fuck me and I wouldn't even care / notice!'

The three-letter 'F' word has a less obscure etymology. 'Faggot' in its original context meant 'a bundle of sticks suitable for making a fire'. (It can also mean 'a meatball' where I'm from, which is why I have no problem using it, but that has nothing to do with the insult derived from it.) The point is that gathering wood for the fire was most often the job of the woman of the household, usually grandma who couldn't handle much else. The word therefore became a transferred epithet, meaning 'an ugly old woman', because that's the kind of person you usually saw carrying faggots.

That was already insult enough, but then it got transferred to homosexual men as a way of saying that their natural femininity made them act like women, but their physical appearance made them (subjectively) ugly to the average insecure heterosexual cisgender biggot. Later the was shortened, and the derivation of 'Fag' meaning 'Cigarette' comes from the same origin - a small, burnable stick.

Last edited:
@Mambi & @Katara the Sergal - actually I can answer this one. It's about dominance.

When somebody says 'Fuck you', they are declaring that they have the ability to copulate with you, whether you like it or not. This has been considered a display of dominance and an insult for a very, very long time. If we look at the Code of Hamurrabi, one of the oldest legal codes in the universe, we find a rule that says men can't have sex with other men. Or at least that's what it seems to say on the face, but when you investigate further, you find that the law applies only to the penetrative partner. The punishment for fucking another man under the same code is that your victim then gets to fuck you right back! This suggests that the prohibition wasn't with homosexuality at all, but with rape as an act of dominance.

It's also a factor we see in nature. With many species of animals, only one male - the dominant one - gets to have sex with the females.

Finally, compare 'Fuck You' with 'Fuck Me', a cry of surprise or astonishment. This is kind of the opposite, like saying 'I'm so shocked right now that somebody could sneak up and fuck me and I wouldn't even care / notice!'

The three-letter 'F' word has a less obscure etymology. 'Faggot' in its original context meant 'a bundle of sticks suitable for making a fire'. (It can also mean 'a meatball' where I'm from, which is why I have no problem using it, but that has nothing to do with the insult derived from it.) The point is that gathering wood for the fire was most often the job of the woman of the household, usually grandma who couldn't handle much else. The word therefore became a transferred epithet, meaning 'an ugly old woman', because that's the kind of person you usually saw carrying faggots.

That was already insult enough, but then it got transferred to homosexual men as a way of saying that their natural femininity made them act like women, but their physical appearance made them (subjectively) ugly to the average insecure heterosexual cisgender biggot. Later the was shortened, and the derivation of 'Fag' meaning 'Cigarette' comes from the same origin - a small, burnable stick.
I'd like to add that the East European counterpart to "fuck", that is "jebać" in all its regional variants, is said to come all the way back from Pre-Indo-European, where approximate "yebh" meant vulgar sex already.

On a similar note about swear words, why is 'bugger' usually considered significantly less vulgar than 'fuck' and even 'shit'? You'd think a word with such an explicit meaning would be up there, but instead it's a common expression of annoyance or frustration which hardly bats an eye and is hardly ever censored on TV, even during the restrictive 60s and 70s.

Users who are viewing this thread