Silly Adventure Game

Mildly embarrassing fact: Abigail's voice is actually from a longer sample of 'sex sounds' because that's what you generally get if you go to a free audio clip site and type in 'Female Aah'. I don't think it sounds too sexual now I've trimmed it down, though, and it does make her sound deceptively like a young, attractive woman.

Small update, the speech generator now includes pauses for punctuation and support for special sound-effects like Abigail's giggle. I think I'm happy with it now. It would probably be overkill to try and match the mouth shape to the letter.

Mildly embarrassing fact: Abigail's voice is actually from a longer sample of 'sex sounds' because that's what you generally get if you go to a free audio clip site and type in 'Female Aah'. I don't think it sounds too sexual now I've trimmed it down, though, and it does make her sound deceptively like a young, attractive woman.
Trust me, it didn't come across as sexual. It's hilarious that's the source of her voice though!

Mock-up of the title screen. When I bring it into Unity I'll probably add animated effects like twinkling stars, space ships zipping by in the background, bobbing menu items and the smoke ribbon will probably swirl slightly. At the moment, only Minty's on it, but the idea is that the further you get through the game's story, the more people and items start to show up on the title screen so you can kinda tell how far you've come without even having to start the game.

Title Screen.png

Not quite happy with the colour scheme yet, especially the star swirl behind the title, but I'm happy with Minty's pose for now at least.

Oh I love the idea of adding characters and items over time, depending on the players progression!

The pose is lovely, I guess the colour scheme isn't all too off: It reminds me of Minty's hair. But alas the artist is always right. I hope you find the colour of your dreams Faust.

Purple smokey swirls, I love them! Once the twinkles are added for stars, it will look great! Perhaps more green wispy bits to fit in with Minty?

I do love the concept of adding more and more characters to the title screen once certain milestones are met, it's a nice way to reward progression and I can imagine how good it will look when all the characters are there together.

But, yeah, I'll have to agree with Wuff-Wuff, I hope you find a set of colours that works well for you, but it's still a very good start!

The tutorial is now fully functional, barring a couple of small changes I want to make to the graphics.

Going to do the first area and cutscene of Chapter 1 so there's a proper payoff, then I'll be ready to start planning the game proper.

Still a few minor bugs here and there; I'll mop them up as I go along.

I'm done with the first scene of Chapter 1 now, where Minty meets Abigail for the first time. I've added a couple of little bonuses too; you can find out why she couldn't override the door controls, ask her for some gossip that hints at future puzzles, and get an overview of the game's setting.

I might fix up a couple of small issues that have been around for a while - like characters making the 'bump' noise when they first appear as if they'd landed from a fall, and Minty 'tripping' when he walks onto a moving platform - but I think pretty soon the tutorial will be in a playable state.

P.S. Abigail is a giggly wiggly delight.

Prezzy Time, lovely people!

Quantum Entanglement Demo - Windows
Quantum Entanglement Demo - MacOS

These haven't been fully tested - especially the Windows version - so there are likely to be bugs. Stuff like the targeting system not pointing directly at the cursor, which I hope to fix soon. It should give you a taste for how the game will feel, though.

Let me know if you can't get all of the way through the tutorial.

p.s. it's currently keyboard / mouse only - controller support will come later.
Use 'Escape' to quit (only works in the game itself, and not during cutscenes.)
All other controls are described in the tutorial - sorry, no keyboard redefinition yet!

Last edited:
I've had a play on it, right up until a device teleported in a rock that I couldn't get past (I'm assuming that's the end of the demo for now). I've enjoyed what I've seen so far! I noticed an issue with the floor collision in one segment, where it seemed like I had to jump over an invisible obstacle to get by, but I know it's early days still.

Reactions: Bunny Lvr
Ah, problem with the replicator again. Ok, that's an issue, I'll look into it. I forgot I'd tweaked the code in there.

Those things are a pain because they have to be able to reclaim objects they've made, even if they get picked up or taken to another screen.

Reactions: Bunny Lvr

Users who are viewing this thread