Good Things That Happened Recently

Aaaah, no, I know this feeling all too well! I've totally been there before, though mostly with e621. Searching through endless pages with tags I SWEAR are correct, and I straight up cannot fucking find something I KNOW exists...
It's worse knowing that people take stuff down all the time... so it's never a guarantee that it even exists on the internet anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: Bunny Lvr
It's worse knowing that people take stuff down all the time... so it's never a guarantee that it even exists on the internet anymore.
Exactly! Reach the end of 76 pages after a couple hours of searching, and it genuinely becomes a question of whether you just didn't see it and skimmed past out of boredom, or is it even there anymore to begin with? And that's assuming you didn't put in one little tag that you feel is correct, but may not actually be there, and so your search would omit what you're looking for.

ANXIETY.

Exactly! Reach the end of 76 pages after a couple hours of searching, and it genuinely becomes a question of whether you just didn't see it and skimmed past out of boredom, or is it even there anymore to begin with? And that's assuming you didn't put in one little tag that you feel is correct, but may not actually be there, and so your search would omit what you're looking for.

ANXIETY.
Being a furry is so hard, people don't understand how bad we have it!!

Tomorrow I will go on a grand epic UK FURRY TOUR :D meeting three (possibly four) members from the Pile on my travels!

I'm super hyped :3 I feel like I "fell off" a bit during a busy period of work, but this is kind of the closest I can get to the dream of a GRAND FURRYPILE GET-TOGETHER PARTY (totally taking place at Lenago's in my headcannon) and reminded me of how special this place really is to me <3 better said the people on here.

Last edited:
My HDMI adaptor for my PS2 finally came in, and I wasn't expecting it, not having received any emails saying it was in transit. After some troubleshooting, it's all working, and it does appear to be a legitimate upgrade, both visually, and apparently audio-wise, too, as the sound is a little sharper, I think. Forums said this was the one to get, so that's what I went with. It's kind of funny that now I can't stop looking at how scratchy all the lines look...what was that called again, technically? There was a thing that normally hides this to some extent, and now it's all I see. All the fine little details, the edges, I can see where the pixels keep shifting up or down, a LOT more noticeably than before. But - everything is sharper, and I feel like this is the retro gaming equivalent of putting eyeglasses on. One interesting thing to note, there's a little instruction thingy that came with it that specifically tells you to set your PS2 to RGB mode, and I initially didn't do this - and everything was GREEN. Kind of like night vision! Would be cool for a combat-based game at night, but not so much for a racing game. Setting it to RGB like I was told did fix this...imagine that. You can't really see it in the picture, because it doesn't come across well in camera versus in person, but everything was bright lime green.

A legitimate upgrade for my junk, dusty, scuffed old PS2 that's not exactly collector quality. I even got a little logo decal that I put on the PS2...for whatever that's worth. Lipstick on a pig.

Attachments

• F6261936-1B06-4C36-A2E5-EDC063ACE64E.jpeg
    F6261936-1B06-4C36-A2E5-EDC063ACE64E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • D6F4E02D-6203-4AB2-9459-0AE19B51B390.jpeg
    D6F4E02D-6203-4AB2-9459-0AE19B51B390.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • A3559259-8321-4AFA-8AA6-A1346E1B32F6.jpeg
    A3559259-8321-4AFA-8AA6-A1346E1B32F6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Not every product gets worse with time! There was this brand of chocolate which was very much meh, to say the least. So when I was gifted a huge bar of it, I thanked nicely, but inside I was like, well, oookay... But then I tried and here's a surprise, it's actually good! They must have improved the recipe by a lot.

• Love
Reactions: Bunny Lvr and Punji
I have some bad news which leads to good news. Last Saturday, I was on my way to my first performance day at the local RenFaire. Halfway to the location, my 24-year-old car made new disturbing noises and vibrations. It didn't take long to realize I need to head home. As I drove, I ran possibilities and settled on one. Back home, I washed off my makeup and changed out of the costume and hopped back in the car heading to my favorite car dealership. I have been saving every penny for this day and put a downpayment of $20K and soon was handed the fob to my new Civic Sport Sedan! Oh, it's a very bright foxy red.

I have some bad news which leads to good news. Last Saturday, I was on my way to my first performance day at the local RenFaire. Halfway to the location, my 24-year-old car made new disturbing noises and vibrations. It didn't take long to realize I need to head home. As I drove, I ran possibilities and settled on one. Back home, I washed off my makeup and changed out of the costume and hopped back in the car heading to my favorite car dealership. I have been saving every penny for this day and put a downpayment of $20K and soon was handed the fob to my new Civic Sport Sedan! Oh, it's a very bright foxy red.
Body mods when?

Attachments

• 502B498C-F1AD-4E06-83F5-7344709A8C1C.jpeg
    502B498C-F1AD-4E06-83F5-7344709A8C1C.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 4
Finished up a slightly custom PS2 controller just now. Okay, so it's an el cheapo $10 controller, but I've had numerous of these things over the years, because...gaming rage, let's just say. They're as ridiculously fragile and easy to break as they are very low quality, but I love these things for the form factor, price point (especially), and the fact that the L2/R2 buttons are curved and stick out a bit, making these super handy for stuff like drag races in Need For Speed. The whole thing looks like a knockoff Xbox 360 controller, down to the analog button hilariously being a fake home button, it's circular in shape and in the very same spot. I ordered a couple of these about a week ago, and decided to mix up some of the parts (namely, I wanted the grip panels and center decorative...piece, off one controller, and put it on another) for a two tone theme. Also kind of had to swap most of the parts from one controller over to this one, because the quality control is REALLY horrendous on these, and while one controller was great, the other...not so much. Like really not so much. Besides all that, I attempted to remediate a design flaw where the rubber grip panels very easily break and get stuck inside the body of the controller when gripping it too hard by just supergluing them to the face of it. I used a LOT of superglue on this, and the decorative center piece thingy, just because sometimes that part does come a bit loose or will stick out a little, and you have to press it back in. There's some flaws with the cheap design, I'm just saying. And just as an added touch for ergonomics, old vibration motors out of an actual Xbox 360 controller, ironically. They're not hooked up to anything, and are just there for weight in the hand, making the controller feel a lot less cheap in the hand. They're also superglued in place to prevent them from rattling about. Technically, these also serve the purpose of further preventing the grip panels from getting stuck within the controller, since the motors just physically block them from going in. The motors had to have the rubber buffer stuff removed from around them to be able to fit, and they kind of have to sit at an angle in order to wedge into just the right spot where the controller will go back together correctly and not be in a bind. All in all, the best of a terrible controller design, a good working example with some remedies in place to fix some of the design flaws it has. I'm loving the white and black color scheme of it. Funny enough, I've never seen a white one in person, and the only time I've ever seen one in white was when I was shopping online and I saw one. Having had a ton of these in other colors, obviously I wanted the one I haven't seen before, just to have owned them all, pretty much. But, it normally has white grip panels, and a white center piece, making it look rather plain. That just wouldn't do! I also put shiny silver screws in this one, as the original white controller that served as the base of this one had black screws, but the black controller that donated practically its heart and soul (and board) to this one had these nice, shiny silver ones - why wouldn't I use those?

I forget to mention, another reason I love these controllers is the fact that the L2/R2 buttons go even further to mimic the "feel" of Xbox triggers by having wire tab things in them to provide resistance as they travel inward, and makes them spring back outward. I don't care about this, and if anything, it's not so preferable, being a bit stiff; what's awesome about this is that you can just leave those tabs unhooked when you disassemble and reassemble the controller, so now you have hair triggers sitting directly against the pads inside, and this, combined with the curved profile, makes them super easy and quick to rapidly tap, making things like swapping weapons in GTA incredibly fast. But also makes shifting gears in drag races in Need For Speed a lot easier, because they're so easy to bump with the edge of your finger, and have zero travel to them.

Attachments

• E8E2C60B-43B8-4A74-BD25-9F3F1C540E1A.jpeg
    E8E2C60B-43B8-4A74-BD25-9F3F1C540E1A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 72FE3F63-2517-4D57-AFFC-56435CF856F4.jpeg
    72FE3F63-2517-4D57-AFFC-56435CF856F4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 0B5A9214-43FD-47DF-9207-FAE86E7EC199.jpeg
    0B5A9214-43FD-47DF-9207-FAE86E7EC199.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: unknownaspect
I have effected my transfer from EVS graveyard shift to maintenance department day shift. 4 10-hour shifts, opportunity to build more welding, carpentry and possibly a bit of plumbing experience. Will also be taking a refrigeration and CFC course over the next couple months while looking for opportunities to put my boiler license to better use and upgrade it.

It felt pretty good to give notice to the department head of my transfer, effective the 30th.

• Love
Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
Those are a ton of skills you'll have there Tycho! :D

I hope the 10h shifts won't be too rough on you :3 it'll certainly make you a valued employee and I hope you'll receive the recognition you deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread