The FP-Quiz Show

thumps the pc, which isn't working because Metathelectriceel isn't working

Who gave you that aquahammock?!
points at the AQUAHAMMOCK POTION on my potion belt
Aha! Here's one for our special contestant!

Given the name 55 PB the alleged first ever Teddybear was first presented to the world way back in 1903. Who was its inventer?

View attachment 8766

Also the last questions answer was C! Shocking!
bzzzzttttttt, zzzzzttt
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to shock you with my electric eel body gassp
flipflops across the studio back into @unknownaspect's battery thingy

I totally have this one figured out, the synapses of the electric eel brain are firing like crazy!
See, the name is the clue, the answer has to be B. nodnod

If those other guys had made the teddybears, they would have been called something like Dick-Bear, Handler-Bear, or Ye Ol' Christian Bear. Great sona ideas all, Dick-Bear in particular would have been very popular in some parts of the fandom, but not the right answer.

Yep, it was clearly Roosevelt who crafted the first teddy bear in his workshop, as his sona, because he was totally a furry. Alas, poor Roosevelt, to live in a time when the fandom did not exist yet 😦

daydreams about Dick-Bear while wagging my tail
Yes Papa~ I've been a very gooooood boy <3 .... Ehm owo!

Dear contestants :D I have good news and bad news. First of all you are right: Teddy Roosevelt, with his proto-furryism, did in fact inspire the Teddy Bear! His famous quote of course is still remembered by furrys all around the globe!

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life without Awooing left a name worth remembering."
- Teddy Roosevelt

:'3 salutes

But! The person who actually made the bear in question was not Roosevelt, here's the connection to him according to Wikipedia:

"The name originated from an incident on a bear hunting trip in Mississippi in November 1902, to which Roosevelt was invited by Mississippi Governor Andrew H. Longino. There were several other hunters competing, and most of them had already killed an animal. A suite of Roosevelt's attendants, led by Holt Collier, cornered, clubbed, and tied an American black bear to a willow tree after a long exhausting chase with hounds. They called Roosevelt to the site and suggested that he shoot it, although Collier told Roosevelt not to shoot the bear while it was tied. Roosevelt refused to shoot the bear himself, deeming this unsportsmanlike, but instructed that the bear be killed to put it out of its misery, and it became the topic of a political cartoon by Clifford Berryman in The Washington Post on November 16, 1902."

TheodoreRooseveltTeddyBear.jpg

Man :( who goes hunting for sport in the first place? doesn't salute anymore

Anyhow, there seems to be a dispute of who actually made the very first Teddy bear. A man named Morris Michtom may have gotten there first. But the bear in question, named 55 PB (55cm, P=Plüsch / B=Beweglich) was first created by drum roll

Richard Steiff! Yay starts pepition to rename the Teddy Bear to Dick Bear
Some day Daddy Dick Bear :'3 some day!

But since you got the Roosevelt connection we'll give you all a point anyway, eventhough nobody has been keeping score :D!

Don't worry Tequila, you were spot on without looking :3 you even knew who the other options were!
put a pin on my jacket saying "toy expert"

I mean it helps that I am Danish and Lego is one of the things we can be proud of.... I played a lot with Barbie and is fascinated by it
fun fact: Lego started doing wood toys but after a fire in the factory they needed to rebuild it. When they discovered plastic and began making bricks. Also, the idea of Lego land came because workers were so tired of investors running in and out wanting to see the product. By building a them park they could they could show the work and not disturb the workers

daydreams about Dick-Bear while wagging my tail
Yes Papa~ I've been a very gooooood boy <3 .... Ehm owo!
A nunbunny in the studio audience shakes her head and tuts
Dear contestants :D I have good news and bad news. First of all you are right: Teddy Roosevelt, with his proto-furryism, did in fact inspire the Teddy Bear! His famous quote of course is still remembered by furrys all around the globe!

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life without Awooing left a name worth remembering."
- Teddy Roosevelt

:'3 salutes

But! The person who actually made the bear in question was not Roosevelt, here's the connection to him according to Wikipedia:

"The name originated from an incident on a bear hunting trip in Mississippi in November 1902, to which Roosevelt was invited by Mississippi Governor Andrew H. Longino. There were several other hunters competing, and most of them had already killed an animal. A suite of Roosevelt's attendants, led by Holt Collier, cornered, clubbed, and tied an American black bear to a willow tree after a long exhausting chase with hounds. They called Roosevelt to the site and suggested that he shoot it, although Collier told Roosevelt not to shoot the bear while it was tied. Roosevelt refused to shoot the bear himself, deeming this unsportsmanlike, but instructed that the bear be killed to put it out of its misery, and it became the topic of a political cartoon by Clifford Berryman in The Washington Post on November 16, 1902."
I support this kind of activity, I think the media should make fursonas for all the politicians. And if they do not casually RP as their fursona, they will lose their positions, or at least made to engage in a longer, paragraph-form RPs, the themes of which will be decided by a popular vote!

Wow, I have great political ideas! Elect me, ta the rat, for everything! :3
Man :( who goes hunting for sport in the first place? doesn't salute anymore
That's right, if you hunt meh, at least do it for the Meta, I mean, the meat. But don't hut me for the meat, either, I am tiny and if you try to nourish yourself by hunting me you will use too much energy in relation to the energy gained and you will die of starvation! Hahaa! This is what is called an advanced anti-predation strategy! :3
Yay starts pepition
Meta becomes pepped up! His agility, deftness, and ability to eat yogurt increase!
(sorry, I have been playing Dragon Quest XI, ehe)

sucks forming algae from the bottom of @unknownaspect's eel battery while waiting for the next round of the quiz to start

put a pin on my jacket saying "toy expert"

I mean it helps that I am Danish and Lego is one of the things we can be proud of.... I played a lot with Barbie and is fascinated by it
fun fact: Lego started doing wood toys but after a fire in the factory they needed to rebuild it. When they discovered plastic and began making bricks. Also, the idea of Lego land came because workers were so tired of investors running in and out wanting to see the product. By building a them park they could they could show the work and not disturb the workers

Thanks for the trivia Tequila :D I had no idea that was a motivational aspect behind Lego Land, nor that they made wooden toys!
Do throw in more if you have some more ^w^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Question: Being the catalyst of the story and having Dorothy tell him that she has a feeling their not in Kansas anymore, this dog form the Wizard of Oz is surely considered one of the most famous in history! What was his name?
20240325_205232.jpg

I mean it helps that I am Danish
Must not eat. Must not eat. That would make me a predator. Don't eat the danish, Meta! :O
Thanks for the trivia Tequila :D I had no idea that was a motivational aspect behind Lego Land, nor that they made wooden toys!
Do throw in more if you have some more ^w^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Question: Being the catalyst of the story and having Dorothy tell him that she has a feeling their not in Kansas anymore, this dog form the Wizard of Oz is surely considered one of the most famous in history! What was his name?
View attachment 8790
krakow, warsaw

Oh, sorry, I have built up a bit of electricity...

Anyhoo! B. I answer B, the cheese answer. I am imagining the cheddar dog right now and he is so delicious! I want to live with the cheddar dog and lick his tasty body all over every day, all the time, even now! This is the best sona idea ever, after 'feral alchemist rat'! Oh, Cheddar, lope over here, and drool your cheesy drool all over me! Roll on your back and let me lick your cheesy-

looks up to see the studio audience staring at me, the nunbunny in the audience has fainted

Uh, yes, my answer is B, yes. The cheesehound.

Also excuuuse me Mr the Rat ùoú perhaps you have some astonishingly great political ideas, but making funny word jokes around someones typo is just ru~huuude!

(Damn it xD Petition!)

But don't worry we won't hunt you, I promise :3 also does anyone fancy Unadon :D we've got the great Japanese chef here as a guest: Catsudon!

• Haha
Reactions: metatherat
Slams buzzer but no sound

Meta! I need more power! Meta!

I must declare my love for the cheese!

I'd like mine extra mature! Is it cave-aged?

Slams buzzer again, still no sound!

META!
lies down languidly on the bottom of the eel-battery, barely looks up
What? Can't you see I am toiling my fishy butt off here.
Also feed me. And get me an eelpal to snuggle. And read me a story.

lies down languidly on the bottom of the eel-battery, barely looks up
What? Can't you see I am toiling my fishy butt off here.
Also feed me. And get me an eelpal to snuggle. And read me a story.
leads the great chef Catsudon to Meta's tank

Well what do you say Catsudon-san? Would he do?

Nyahaha~ this'll teach him a lesson for making fun of me, being so lazy and... and...

takes out a heart locket with a picture of Meta in it

Stupid Cheese-Dog ;^; if I cant have him, no one can!

What's that Chef Catsudon? He's about as edible as his electricity is useful? Damn it! D:

does anyone fancy Unadon
No eating the dragonpal either :O
takes out a heart locket with a picture of Meta in it

Stupid Cheese-Dog ;^; if I cant have him, no one can!
eel-ear perks
(I drank some MAKE EEL GROW POINTY EARS POTION)
I heard that! Who says that you can't have me, obviously you can have me. I'd love to be your pet pointy-eared eel. Be forewarned though, we pointy-eared eels are extremely high maintenance :3
What's that Chef Catsudon? He's about as edible as his electricity is useful? Damn it! D:
Also, I am covered in battery acid. That's bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
eel-ear perks
(I drank some MAKE EEL GROW POINTY EARS POTION)

I heard that! Who says that you can't have me, obviously you can have me. I'd love to be your pet pointy-eared eel. Be forewarned though, we pointy-eared eels are extremely high maintenance :3

OwO ehm what are you saaaying contestant? I never said anything!

hides locket to hide my rat bias

But you did get the question right :D! It's D. Toto! Great job Meta :'3 I'm so proud of you, gosh you're just so smart!

notices I'm coming off too strong

Actually it looks like everyone got it right :D! Tequila caused property damage and even UnknownAspect said D... eclare! What an easter miracle!

-----------‐----------------------------‐---‐---------‐------------------------------

Next question! This time without Sparky, since he's on holiday. Instead we have this incredibly thrilled to be here on a holiday helping us out cat!

We all know the Easter Bunny, but did you know that this Bunny's origins came from a German tradition? There its known as an Easter Hare (Osterhase). What was the Easter Hares traditional job?

20230712_144829.jpg

OwO ehm what are you saaaying contestant? I never said anything!

hides locket to hide my rat bias

But you did get the question right :D! It's D. Toto! Great job Meta :'3 I'm so proud of you, gosh you're just so smart!
....I... yes, of course I am yes. "D. Toto", the famous... correct answer, yes. That's definitely what I said, that's for sure. I deserve all of the praise and prizes.

....what kind of prizes are there to this thing, incidentally? And how tasty are the prizes? Can I, Meta, eat the prizes? :3
Next question! This time without Sparky, since he's on holiday. Instead we have this incredibly thrilled to be here on a holiday helping us out cat!

We all know the Easter Bunny, but did you know that this Bunny's origins came from a German tradition? There its known as an Easter Hare (Osterhase). What was the Easter Hares traditional job?

View attachment 8805
zzzzzzzzzzz

is half-asleep in @unknownaspect's battery thing

...buh, huh what?! What was the question?
reads the answers on the display

I am all for judging the children. I bet the unruly babyfurs are loitering on my lawn right now, or at least they would be, had I any lawn.
The winter ghosts sound cool, let's not chase them off. Let's not communicate with them, either, though, they are old so they might start rambling.
Also I don't think "lead people to Jesus" is a valid chess move.

Let's do A. Those damn kids! With their drooling and sitting in a playpen and skateboarding and buying Axe products just because they happened to see one commercial. Get off Meta's hypothetical lawn! >:I

Also, why is there a cat here? And would he like to chase me around the studio playfully? :3

....I... yes, of course I am yes. "D. Toto", the famous... correct answer, yes. That's definitely what I said, that's for sure. I deserve all of the praise and prizes.

....what kind of prizes are there to this thing, incidentally? And how tasty are the prizes? Can I, Meta, eat the prizes? :3

zzzzzzzzzzz

is half-asleep in @unknownaspect's battery thing

...buh, huh what?! What was the question?
reads the answers on the display

I am all for judging the children. I bet the unruly babyfurs are loitering on my lawn right now, or at least they would be, had I any lawn.
The winter ghosts sound cool, let's not chase them off. Let's not communicate with them, either, though, they are old so they might start rambling.
Also I don't think "lead people to Jesus" is a valid chess move.

Let's do A. Those damn kids! With their drooling and sitting in a playpen and skateboarding and buying Axe products just because they happened to see one commercial. Get off Meta's hypothetical lawn! >:I

Also, why is there a cat here? And would he like to chase me around the studio playfully? :3

OwO thank you contestant for your.... insights?

whispers to the host seat

Sparky take notes of that Axe commercial, maybe we can learn a thing or... oh wait you're not Sparky! Man~
You know what, maybe you should chase him around playfully! It would make the show a bit more lively :D

20221001_193207.jpg

Oh you're useless ùoú maybe we should have a winter ghost talk show section instead

Awwww! Can kitty scare off winter ghosts for me? Because I'm going for B! Show me B! Come on, B!

But what if the bunny made the children bring out their choccy eggs for Jesus? That's be a rather clever move to feed a growing chocolate addiction! It'd certainly be a step above the pied piper, that guy missed a trick!

OwO thank you contestant for your.... insights?

whispers to the host seat
the host seat just sits there, being a piece of furniture
*a lot of people in the studio audience look at you strangely
Sparky take notes of that Axe commercial, maybe we can learn a thing or... oh wait you're not Sparky! Man~
You know what, maybe you should chase him around playfully! It would make the show a bit more lively :D
I ratgree, that is a great idea. In fact, everyone should chase me around the studio! And then when I get caught, they would playfully feed me yogurt! That could be the playful rat-chasing segment of the gameshow :3
View attachment 8813

Oh you're useless ùoú maybe we should have a winter ghost talk show section instead
What a lazy kitty! >:I
Fine, don't chase me! But left unchecked, I will probably go into the gameshow's pantry and eat all of the foods there, and chew through some important power cords. So don't complain when I do all that vermin stuff! >:3
Awwww! Can kitty scare off winter ghosts for me? Because I'm going for B! Show me B! Come on, B!

But what if the bunny made the children bring out their choccy eggs for Jesus? That's be a rather clever move to feed a growing chocolate addiction! It'd certainly be a step above the pied piper, that guy missed a trick!
That is a complete corruption of the myth of Easter. Jesus must be spinning in his grave >:I

Users who are viewing this thread