Unpopular Opinions

XD I admire the bravery!

Wasn't there a whole conspiracy that the story was stolen from a japanese cartoon?

Kimba_the_White_Lion_(Ultra_Edition_DVD_art).jpg

PS: I do still like the Lion King though 🙊

• Love
Reactions: Mambi
You do not understand how many time i been told ow you can't be a furry if you do not like Lion King.
But yes Nala is hot and I would have pounced at her too. But it does not save a movie.
But yes there been some theory and a ted talk that is bullshit.
YMS made a really good deep dive in this topic
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://youtu.be/G5B1mIfQuo4?si=_l77Ou1xWjLdJfrW

How about we focus less on those and focus more on just making games that aren't so fucking greedy? That's my biggest concern with the industry. Everything's broken, rushed, unfinished, yet given a $100+ price tag. Game's literally unplayable, but hey at least the microtransaction shop works perfectly on day one. And stop with the microtransactions and battle passes, I'm not playing this game for free damn it!

Ultimately because micro-transactions are where the real money is at; and I agree about it seeming as greed, which in many respects it is. While many of those games can be played for "free", the business model is to nickel and dime the customer to death.

Games could certainly run off of a subscription basis then be able to buy everything with in game currency....but micro-transactions also allow whales to drop hundreds of dollars for a minimal advantage.

I
Ultimately because micro-transactions are where the real money is at; and I agree about it seeming as greed, which in many respects it is. While many of those games can be played for "free", the business model is to nickel and dime the customer to death.

Games could certainly run off of a subscription basis then be able to buy everything with in game currency....but micro-transactions also allow whales to drop hundreds of dollars for a minimal advantage.
I'm honestly worried in general how much money dictates our morals, values, motivations and co.

For a long time I would often measure my action upon the idea of "will this increase my chances of success within the eyes of society" without necessarily being aware of it. Making music for instance; once I realised that the music I was making was not commercially viable, since I'm really not the modern pop kind of dog, I felt big dip in motivation, especially after being exposed to pop radio at work for so long. It took some time for me to distance myself from ideas of "fame and riches" and be more in tune with my own values. Being ok with the music I made, no matter how flawed or uncommercial it was.

I'm honestly worried in general how much money dictates our morals, values, motivations and co.

It's not the attitude toward money that you're referring to; rather it's a symptom of a much larger problem. It's one of those many things that have been lost in the "me-ism" that's overtaken (primarily Western) society since the 1960s. I think they pretty much nailed it in Incredibles 2: "They simply can't understand people doing the right thing just because it's the right thing".

it's very much a case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. We've discarded things like manners, compassion, and welfare of others; because these (very good) things were seen as part of the racial and social prejudices that were part of the moral matrix; and are far worse off for it.

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
It's not the attitude toward money that you're referring to; rather it's a symptom of a much larger problem. It's one of those many things that have been lost in the "me-ism" that's overtaken (primarily Western) society since the 1960s. I think they pretty much nailed it in Incredibles 2: "They simply can't understand people doing the right thing just because it's the right thing".

it's very much a case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. We've discarded things like manners, compassion, and welfare of others; because these (very good) things were seen as part of the racial and social prejudices that were part of the moral matrix; and are far worse off for it.

Thanks Zephyr for your angle on it, I think there must be a few things coming together that caused things to end up as they are. Some things are better off for it, as self expression helped certain groups to be more accepted, but, as you said, there's also a lot that could be better!

I did watch a really interesting documentary on Edward Bernays (nephew of Siegmund Freud) and how his marketing strategy, based on psychoanalysis dominated the western world after the first world war and then got morphed over time to be more "Individual centred". Of course they came up with the VALS system then which showed that even people seeking to be individuals can be categorised into demographics. It was very interesting to see the push towards making people more consume driven. These tactis would then be taken up by the politicians too.

So many insitutions are telling us how we should be and think, constantly. It's good to stop and reflect on what is actually driving one towards certain decision, is it truly out of ones values?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04

It's a long one though, I'd understand if it's a bit much.

So many insitutions are telling us how we should be and think, constantly. It's good to stop and reflect on what is actually driving one towards certain decision, is it truly out of ones values?

There's more than one conspiracy theory out there about a secret cabal controlling/manipulating through mass media. While the conspiracy might be more than people can swallow, it does hit upon one point: we've been under media manipulation as long as there's been media. The Nazi's simply set precedent in terms of techniques and methods.

Reactions: MooseHorns237
There's more than one conspiracy theory out there about a secret cabal controlling/manipulating through mass media. While the conspiracy might be more than people can swallow, it does hit upon one point: we've been under media manipulation as long as there's been media. The Nazi's simply set precedent in terms of techniques and methods.
Oh the Nazis get mentioned too, Goebbles was also inspired by Siegmund Freuds findings, but apparently thought the savage impulses needed to be controlled (while Edward thought they could be pacified with consumerism). But yeah, I'm pretty sure there are people out there who try their best to "control the masses" through things like media, but I'm also the opinion that people, although certainly capable of being manipulated in a certain sense, can't be fully controlled and manipulated. Chaos is an aspect that will always be around.

Last edited:
I dont do it nearly as often as I should, but do you sometimes go out in swim gear while the summer rain pours down? It's such a great sensation :D I think I get why monks meditate under a waterfall
I sometimes work outdoors, so I just embrace the rain and frolick around if nobody is watching.

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
Aww xD that's the best :D
I'm so glad someone else out there likes rain too ^^ you really don't find many

Hmmh~ speaking of things from the outside not many like: I love every kind of creepy crawly :D no matter if Arachnid or Insect. Maybe Ticks are pushing it a bit with the "love" aspect, but I can appreciate their ingenuity to survive.

Reactions: unknownaspect

Users who are viewing this thread