Unpopular Opinions

I still think windows XP & 7 are the simplest to navigate with the most visually appealing look. I’ll die loving Win7 especially, despite being forced to upgrade to 10 last year. 😭
Windows XP, my childhood! Growing up, the family computer pretty much always had this, and it's where all of my memories basically come from. This, and visiting my grandparents' house, and they always had Windows...98 or 95, I don't remember. The countless hours I used to spend on the classic Paint program!

Man, I really have a juvenile sense of humor. On the title screen of Pokémon: SoulSilver, to me it always looks like Lugia is farting.

Attachments

• BC1C95AB-CF18-46EF-9473-C95E7158CB31.jpeg
    BC1C95AB-CF18-46EF-9473-C95E7158CB31.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • Haha
Reactions: unknownaspect
Man, I really have a juvenile sense of humor. On the title screen of Pokémon: SoulSilver, to me it always looks like Lugia is farting.
Y3-P8-BOF-nz19-Q3p-GXG6-Msj-Kkg.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bunny Lvr and Van
I have 3 quick ones.

1. Batman Begins sucks. It's nonsensical and horribly written. I don't want to hear anyone say shit about Madame Web being bad when Batman Begins seems to get praise. On a side note; Whether Madame Web is good or bad is irrelevant. What really bring in the judgement is the fact its about a woman. If it was about a guy, it would not be judged as harshly. Just like She-Hulk. Amazing show but it's about a woman so it's cringe, despite the people calling it cringe absolutely loving it when Deadpool does the exact same thing.

2. 99.9% of Americans should be legally banned from attempting any kind of accent. You just can't do accents.

3. America needs to embrace the world beyond its borders. I've experienced and heard stories of American ignorance and it ranges from bizarre to baffling. Some examples include an American asking if we had electricity in Scotland, an American being surprised Scotland had the internet, an American being amazed that global brands existed in Scotland and thinking America invented everything. Even now, if you look up the first anything, there is a good chance it'll be credited to America or an American despite it existing or happening elsewhere first. Hell, Americans once voted Jesus Christ as the greatest American of all time.

I do wonder how much of the "America = Dumb" is from the medias prespective, especially european.
Most Americans I met are bright, funny and openminded (maybe its more of a furry thing than a nationality thing, but I digress). It is a huge continent too! So probably you get the less educated people who are ignorant, but arent these people everywhere?

I dont know, maybe Im not too much in the know to share an opinion on this one Lucy. I just find grouping nationalities into a less flattering image isn't healthy on the mind :( but Im a dirty hippy anyway :D

I do understand the frustration that certain people think Scotland is some rural uncivilised mess ^^; people should go visit more! Its absolutely wonderful up there <3

Reactions: Bunny Lvr and Jazz
I think people should stop eating pigs, they are really really intelligent. Even more intelligent than dogs. I'm pretty sure they know exactly whats about to happen when they are about to be killed.
I think they should be in the same category all Elephants.

1. Batman Begins sucks. It's nonsensical and horribly written. I don't want to hear anyone say shit about Madame Web being bad when Batman Begins seems to get praise. On a side note; Whether Madame Web is good or bad is irrelevant. What really bring in the judgement is the fact its about a woman. If it was about a guy, it would not be judged as harshly. Just like She-Hulk. Amazing show but it's about a woman so it's cringe, despite the people calling it cringe absolutely loving it when Deadpool does the exact same thing.
When I first watched those movies in the Dark Knight trilogy, I enjoy them, but each time I've watched them after, I've been less and less impressed with them. I began noticing more and more issues. They certainly arn't great examples of writing, with plenty of plot holes too.

2. 99.9% of Americans should be legally banned from attempting any kind of accent. You just can't do accents.
Yes please! I like you Americans, but would love to hear you try an English accent that doesn't sound like it came from a cheesy rendition of a Charles Dickens story.

The general over-reliance on anecdotes is counter productive. I met a gay person before and they were like this, I met a Christian before and they were like x. I met an Italian before too! They were like x. You realize that every subgroup or community is going to have ignorant people or assholes in them right? Meeting one person is not going to be representative of every single person in said group. Pick any group, any subculture, I garuntee you there will be plenty of people who fits every negative trait you can think of.

Instead of saying x group is like said trait, just accept you met an asshole/idiot, and move on.

Last edited:
I agree whole heartedly Kimber! I guess the stereotypes and anecdotes do have their reasons and legitimacy, that certain circumstances (be it cultural, gender based, or whatever) most likely do have an impact on ones way of being, but these are very shallow aspects of the whole picture. Each and every one of us has such an incredibly unique back story, none of us have taken the exact same way. Yet luckily we are still capable of empathy :3 I think that's the most valuable thing to have, I really do.
Well except when meeting the aforementioned arseholes ^w^; sometimes ones patience reaches it's limit.

I love spiders, the more they tickle that primal fear of them, the more beauty my eyes perceive. They're so precious! To me, they're just poor scared little beauties that need protecting from evil giants who want to squish them. If someone were to consider killing a spider in my vicinity, I would punch them. No one touches my sweet little darling poos! No one! NO ONE!!! OWO

• Wow
Reactions: Bunny Lvr
1) The US variant of bologna is extremely underrated and is not a bad sandwich meat at all. The only reason why so many people hate it is because they put it on a sandwich that was already shit to begin with. There are too many people out there who throw a slice of meat between two pieces of bread, add few if any condiments or supplementary ingredients to it, and then get mad at their meat selection (in this case, US bologna) when the sandwich turns out to be ass.

2) Frozen pizzas have quietly superseded mainstream chain pizza places in both quality and value. There is no reason to buy Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc in 2024 when the the Aldi's down the street sells a far superior extra large specimen for a paltry 8 dollars. There is still a case to be made for small local pizza places (particularly if they're owned and operated by Italians), however.

3) Food prices actually haven't increased that much within the past 3 years. It's processed food that is nuking everyone's food budget right now, not fresh meats, fresh fruits and vegetables (or that 20lb bag of medium-grain rice that I buy from Walmart that has stayed 12 dollars for the past 2 years).

4) Gaming is not dead. In fact, this is the single greatest era of gaming in recorded history. There has been an explosion in the number of titles being produced by small development teams that offer hours of entertainment for a modest price in recent years. People just need to spend more time at their local independently-operated game shop (mainly to tap into older titles because there are tons of old gems from the early to mid 2000s that people are seriously sleeping on) or on other online game retailers like GoG if they want a better gaming experience.

5) People worry too much about what other people think about them or what other people are doing. People should give fewer shits about other people and instead invest most of their shits into themselves.

Not giving a fuck is truly a lost art.

Last edited:
Gen Z have had their standard for what is a quality game set entirely too low because of things like Roblox, Five Nights At Freddy's, player made Fortnite games and shoddy mobile games.
They grew up watching Let's Players play absolute slop and played it themselves, not knowing it was absolutely awful.

I've played Roblox when my nephew was younger and it was broken, awful, boring and full of stolen assets. I'm a huge Fortnite nerd and played loads of player islands for challenges and they are all terrible and were chores to grind through. I've played a ton of mobile games and, yeah, the vast majority suck beyond belief.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Lvr

Users who are viewing this thread