Unpopular Opinions

Baldur's Gate 3 kinda sucks, and I was just as bored at the start as I am thirty hours later.

Crap game that got the hype treatment. Popular because it's popular, not because it's good.

Reactions: Bunny Lvr
This is also kinda true in the furry fandom, as far as species go. But there do seem to be at least some common traits, in why people choose thoier various sonas.

I was tempted to just answer this post,

"I met a fox once, and..." 🤣
Heheh. I mean, I am guilty as charged, I live up to the stereotype of being a little promiscuous. :p

• Love
Reactions: Bunny Lvr
Video games are not, on the whole, overpriced. Your money is just worth less than it used to be. Right now games are, accounting for that fact, pretty fucking reasonably priced barring the absolute shitbiscuits you shouldn't be spending money on at all anyway for one reason or another. Also quit adding to your Steam backlog just because there's a sale. That's another factor in this whole "I'm spending more on games and it's somehow someone else's fault" thing.

Video games are not, on the whole, overpriced. Your money is just worth less than it used to be. Right now games are, accounting for that fact, pretty fucking reasonably priced barring the absolute shitbiscuits you shouldn't be spending money on at all anyway for one reason or another. Also quit adding to your Steam backlog just because there's a sale. That's another factor in this whole "I'm spending more on games and it's somehow someone else's fault" thing.
Aww, but I might want to play the game I buy on sale...after playing through my other 103 games XD

The push towards "game preservation"? Complete red herring, as far as ideas for saving the gaming sector goes.

When all the big-name devs are gone, there will still be plenty of people who can tell a good story and put it in a form people can enjoy. Conversely, there are still mounds of people who can't tell even remotely a believable tale.

What you see in gaming right now is a glut of the latter. What people don't understand is that no amount of hyping bad actors and squelching good ones can actually stop a good developer or storyteller.

If we have to see slower development times because all game developers have to have a day job to pay the bills, that's not a bad thing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread